10 Ways to Start Getting Ready for the Summer
BY EDWINA VIEL, MARCH 27TH, 2011
Summer is just around the corner, and it is time to get that body ready for your wedding day and that perfectly planned honeymoon. Here are our top 10 must-dos.
1. Book yourself the essential hammam to slough away all the winter dead skin and wax those hairs with Lycon – the infamous painless wax. Try Sisters Beauty Lounge in Dubai Mall or Abu Dhabi.
2. Get semi-permanent make-up with Candice Watson – your eyebrows and eyeliner will be perfect even after you get out of the pool. Makeup is still perfect for the hot, humid summer! 04-375 2393 www.exclusivebeautyuae.com
3. Start doing Pilates classes as there are just 3 months until we break up for the summer holidays. Imagine beautiful tanned toned arms and stomach. Sign up to the Hundred Pilates Studio in Dubai Healthcare City today.
4. Try Shiffa’s new White Tea moisturizer as part of your daily routine. It makes you feel refreshed and detoxed with its all-organic ingredients, without moving a muscle.
5. Get your teeth whitened, and we recommend Denise Yunson in Dubai Healthcare City at the Clinic for Cosmetic Dentistry. 04-429 8400.
6. Make sure you eat a good meal before going to the supermarket for the weekly shop – if you are full you actually buy less and more sensibly.
7. Get that botox appointment now – Dr Maurizio Viel is one of the leading surgeons in the world. It does make a difference who injects it! It has been tried and tested by the Whiteme team. 04-375 2393.
8. Lookout at the new Dolly & Mila skincare range from NYC – check out their new Blossom Honey and Organic Coffee exfoliant for the face. Check out www.dollyandmila.com
9. Book yourself a personal trainer today. Element Fitness offers serious bootcamps in the UAE and abroad to get in shape for your wedding day. Guaranteed to help you meet your goals with their tough regime. Quote Whiteme to get a free consultation. www.element-fitness.net
10. For those of us chained to our desks all winter, we probably feel the aches and pains of hunching over the computer. Get your back checked out by Dr Charles Jones at the California Chiropractor Centre. We spotted some amazing celebrity sports personalities being treated there. 04-4298292.